Thursday, October 1, 2009

My name is Nina, and i'm a blogger.

There are some brilliant blogs out there. I don’t know if this will ever be one of them, but after some four years of toying with the idea, I thought I’d finally put my money where my mouth is and start my own. After thinking about doing this for four years, I’m hoping this endeavour has a life expectancy of more than two weeks. This is largely up to me though, and my (occasionally) somewhat lax attitude to getting things done. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed.


After three odd years of trying to figure out what I’d blog about, I came to the vaguely obvious conclusion that I could indeed write about my life. Now, this currently involves living in Helsinki; freelancing in the field of media, communication and events management; losing myself in the myriad of great stuff going on in the city; and making cunning plans regarding the future. Having said that, in addition to regaling my potential readership with curious anecdotes from my life, I thought I’d sneak in the occasional (very) short story, picture show or obscure poem. Plus any really good cupcakes or bearded ladies, should I come across them.


After about two and half years of agonizing over a name for the blog (believe me, the agonizing was a good thing as the text you’re currently reading could have been posted on Miss Nimb’s Miscapades in Helsinki…), I took a leaf out of Sylvia Plath’s book and called it, simply, Female Author.


So, today is day number one. Here goes nothing.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome!!! Glad you've joined the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks! And thanks for the first comment, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank yoos for making my day at work that little bit better...I look forward to reading your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons Lisenssi
Tämän teosteoksen käyttöoikeutta koskee Creative Commons Nimeä 1.0 Suomi-lisenssi.