Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The NY Chronicles: Cupcakes and Skulls.


Cause these are a few of my favorite things.



The scrumptious delicacy above is a Devil's Food Cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop. While choosing cupcakes, i noticed that the little sign displaying the name of the cupcake also tells you the amount of calories per cupcake. Appalling! Who wants to know what kind of calorie bomb they're tucking into? Who even cares? I'd like my decadence with a side of blissful ignorance, thank you very much. 


I've been looking for a bird skull necklace for ages, so when i found this wood pecker skull pendant in a little store called Norbu in Williamsburg, i was over the moon. It's very similar to Pamela Love's jewelry, which i've been lusting after for a year now, but, lucky for me, comes at only a fraction of the cost. This skull set me back $35. I slipped it onto the same chain as my nerd glasses -necklace, just so i'd have somewhere to put it until i found it a chain of its own, but now i kinda like the skull with the glasses, so i might keep it there.


Cupcakes and skulls. Cause it's the baked goods and head bones that make you happy.

2 comments:

  1. where did you find that necklace? i'm looking for something exactly like that which is also inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay in replying - your comment must have gotten lost somewhere in my feed. The necklace is from a little shop called Norbu Bijoux on Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg, which was stocked with absolutely beautiful stuff. Check out their website http://www.norbu.us/

    Hope you find what you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons Lisenssi
Tämän teosteoksen käyttöoikeutta koskee Creative Commons Nimeä 1.0 Suomi-lisenssi.