Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The NY Chronicles: There's a Tentacle in My Teacup...


Lo and behold! The octopi have taken over! At least this is the conclusion i came to after a recent visit to Anthropologie, where the glorious, bulbous-headed creature of the deep had found its way onto many a curious thing. I don't mind one bit, because everything tentacled infatuates me greatly. Like these dinky teacups and saucers, for example. Notice the handle of the teacup is a tentacle complete with little suction cups.


And gorgeous Kraken dinner plates. "Eat your greens before Cthulhu floats off the plate and devours you!", i'd encouragingly coerce my frightened children in the future, with a house full of octopus china.


Then there was this lovely item, an eight-armed clothes hook. I had a really hard time letting go of this; it would have been right at home on my wall, mounted next to the bambi-skull and winged, grimacing skeleton. In the end, the only thing stopping me from giving this particular octopus a new home was the $48 price tag. Having managed to exercise such impressive self-control, i feel there might yet be hope for the black hole-like, bottomless pit that is my tiny, homeward bound suitcase. But more likely, i'll find myself at the airport trying to rationally explain my octopus-fetish and the second suitcase, bulging at the seams, full of tentacled paraphernalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons Lisenssi
Tämän teosteoksen käyttöoikeutta koskee Creative Commons Nimeä 1.0 Suomi-lisenssi.